The United Arab Emirates has introduced a ban on iftar events, amongst a number of security measures for Ramadan, with a view to fight the unfold of coronavirus within the gulf nation.
The announcement, made on Tuesday, got here simply because the nation crossed the 50% mark of vaccinating its inhabitants.
In accordance with UAE’s Nationwide Emergency Disaster and Catastrophe Administration Authority (NCEMA), the nationwide marketing campaign noticed the profitable vaccination of 52.46% of the nation’s inhabitants.
“We are working hard to succeed in providing the vaccine to 100% of our people,” mentioned the NCEMA UAE.
The catastrophe administration authority mentioned that for the well being and security of society, it’s suggested that folks “avoid evening gatherings during Ramadan, limit family visits, and avoid distributing and exchanging meals between homes and families”.
It mentioned that folks residing in the identical family can share meals.
Different curbs introduced are as follows:
- Household or institutional iftar tents, sharing meals in public locations or distributing iftar meals in entrance of houses and mosques isn’t allowed. These involved in doing so, should coordinate with charities, with donations & zakat finished electronically.
- Eating places usually are not allowed to distribute iftar meals inside or in entrance of the restaurant. Meals could solely be delivered to labour housing complexes through direct coordination with the administration of labour housing.
- Tarawih prayers shall be held in strict compliance with COVID-19 precautionary measures.
- Iftar meals usually are not allowed inside mosques, and the length of the Isha and Tarawih prayers shall be restricted to a most of half-hour.
- Mosques shall be closed instantly after the prayer. The ladies’s prayer areas, different amenities, and space on exterior roads set for praying will stay closed.
- Measures for Lailatul Qadr shall be introduced later, in accordance with the coronavirus scenario over the last ten days of Ramadan.
- Non secular classes and conferences in mosques will stay suspended, with the choice of digital participation. We encourage studying the Quran via sensible gadgets, and digital donations, donations and zakat.
The authority urged the cooperation of individuals and their strict adherence to security protocols.
“We call on everyone to cooperate and adhere to measures and instructions, as intensive inspection campaigns will be carried out during Ramadan, and legal measures will be taken against all violators, whether individuals or institutions,” it warned.
It additionally urged the aged and people with power illnesses to keep away from gatherings and “ensure their safety”.
The NCEMA additionally referred to as upon the folks to all the time search info from official sources.
“We stress that all measures announced in the national protocol are subject to changes depending on the global and regional health status,” it added.