- Punjab govt says notification is in keeping with selections taken in inter-provincial ministers’ assembly
- College students should attend courses on different days
- Punjab govt says board examinations to be held in Might and June
LAHORE: With colleges reopening throughout Pakistan on Monday, the Punjab authorities has issued directions for colleges to adjust to.
A notification issued by the Faculty Schooling Division on Friday knowledgeable the faculties concerning the selections taken within the Inter Provincial Schooling Ministers Convention (IPEMC). It mentioned that guidelines have been developed in keeping with the federal training ministry’s notification issued on January 5.
In response to the notification, college students from all the tutorial institutes will attend courses on different days. The scholar ratio should stay at a 50% on every day.
The provincial division acknowledged that the board examinations for SSC and HSSC college students will probably be held in Might and June.
Learn extra: Murad Raas says Punjab colleges will probably be closed without delay if want be amid coronavirus
“The Accelerated learning Programme (ALP) communicated earlier shall continue to be followed by the Public Schools. Assessment criteria and Examinations schedule for 5th and 8th grade shall be communicated separately by the Punjab Examination Commission,” learn the notification.
The division reminded all colleges to “ensure strict implementations of SOPs” which were communicated over time by the Major & Secondary Healthcare Division and Faculty Schooling Division, Punjab.
“School timing shall be observed as per previous practice in winter season,” added the notification.
Courses 9-12 to rejoin from Jan 18
On Friday, Federal Schooling Minister Shafqat Mehmood addressed a press convention on the reopening of colleges after a high-level assembly on the Nationwide Command and Operations Centre to assessment the choice to reopen academic establishments amid a second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
This is what was determined within the NCOC assembly:
- Courses will begin for college students of grades 9 to 12 college students from January 18 as determined earlier. Exams are due for these college students.
- Federal and provincial governments have determined that college students won’t be handed with out exams this 12 months like they have been final 12 months.
- One-week extension granted for begin of courses for college students of grades 1-8. They have been earlier supposed to start out by January 25.
- Major colleges will reopen from February 1.
- Increased training institutes nonetheless to reopen by February 1 as determined earlier.
The NCOC will re-evaluate information in every week and determine whether or not major colleges and better training institutes opening on February 1 in cities the place infections charges are excessive is acceptable or not as an infection price differ between cities.
Learn extra: Punjab training minister assures mother and father of strict compliance of COVID-19 SOPs in colleges
It’s potential that if an infection price is excessive in a selected metropolis, academic institutes might not reopen there.
Newest statistics present that the positivity ratio has gone down to six.10%, however it’s nonetheless excessive, the speed of important sufferers continues to be as excessive because it was in November and so is the an infection price, he mentioned.
“One thing is clear: all those associated with education in. politics or the government realise that learning levels of children has been severely affected because of the closure of schools,” Mehmood had mentioned.