- PCB unveils parental assist coverage for cricketers.
- PCB chief government says it’s acceptable to have a player-friendly parental assist coverage so skilled cricketers can really feel absolutely supported throughout an essential stage of their lives, with out worrying about their careers.
- Underneath new coverage, ladies cricketers can take as much as 12 months of paid maternity depart and shall be assured a contract extension for the next 12 months.
LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board simply introduced a brand new parental assist coverage which its says is focused to “motivate and champion professional cricketers in their journey to parenthood”.
Underneath the newly launched coverage, PCB mentioned, men and women gamers have been granted varied rights that they’re respectively entitled to avail in the course of the being pregnant and upon the start of their little one.
The PCB issued on Tuesday an in depth assertion explaining what advantages are included within the coverage. Listed here are a few of the main advantages of the coverage:
- Ladies cricketers have the choice to switch to a non-playing function till graduation of maternity depart main as much as the start of their little one.
- Ladies cricketers can take as much as 12 months of paid maternity depart and shall be assured a contract extension for the next 12 months, in keeping with their current contractual preparations.
- Upon conclusion of maternity depart, the participant shall be reintegrated into cricketing actions and supplied ample medical and bodily assist in respect of their post-childbirth rehabilitation.
- PCB will permit a lady participant travelling for cricketing actions to journey with a assist particular person of her alternative to help in caring for her toddler little one, with the journey and lodging prices to be shared equally.
- Males cricketers, who’re expectant or new fathers, shall be entitled to as much as 30 days of absolutely paid depart, which can should be taken inside 56 days of the start of their little one.
“The PCB has a duty of care towards its cricketers and at every turn it has taken measures to support them,” PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan was quoted as saying in the PCB statement.
He said it is appropriate that we have a player-friendly parental support policy so professional cricketers can feel fully supported during an important stage in their lives, without worrying about their careers.
Read more: Pakistan’s Bismah Maroof takes ‘indefinite’ break from cricket
“To have this policy for our women cricketers was even more significant. Women play a pivotal role in the development of a society and our women cricketers have brought us laurels and recognition at the world stage,” Khan said.
“Now that we have maternity leave policy, I am hopeful that it will attract more women and girls to take up the sport as this will help them strike the crucial work-life balance.”