- PTA launches new automated system to dam “lost, stolen & snatched mobile phones” known as Misplaced & Stolen Machine System (LSDS).
- Cell phone’s IMEI to be blocked inside 24 hours of criticism and “after necessary verification”, says PTA.
- “The complainant will receive a complaint reference number upon successful registration of blocking request,” PTA says.
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) has launched a brand new automated system to dam “lost, stolen, and snatched mobile phones”.
In response to the PTA, customers can ship an software by means of the Misplaced & Stolen Machine System (LSDS) to dam the Worldwide Cell Tools Identification (IMEI) of their mobiles, which might be blocked inside 24 hours of the criticism’s registration “after necessary verification”.
Requests to dam the IMEIs needs to be made with a purpose to forestall cellphones from “potential misuse”, the PTA wrote on Twitter.
“The complainant will receive a complaint reference number upon successful registration of blocking request,” it added.
However, the identical process have to be adopted if the telephone has been recovered. Customers ought to “mention their complaint reference number along with other mandatory details that was given to them earlier for blocking of mobile phone”.
“User will receive an SMS on the registered number once the mobile phone is unblocked,” it added.
The state-run physique defined that the LSDS “is an automated system and integrated with PTA’s Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System”.
- Blocking requests to the PTA could also be made right here, whereas its buyer assist is out there 9am-9pm at 0800-55055.
- Stolen, snatched or misplaced telephones could also be blocked or unblocked by calling 0800-25625, emailing at [email protected] or by means of a criticism filed with the Residents-Police Liaison Committee (CPLC), Karachi.