- International Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi pens letter to United Nations Safety Council President, UN Secretary-Common
- India’s adjustments in occupied Kashmir’s demographic construction, usurpation of land, farcical elections, are null and void, says Qureshi
- Qureshi sheds gentle on the alarming incident in December 2020 of Indian firing on a clearly marked car of the UNMOGIP
International Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Friday — on the event of Kashmir Solidarity Day — penned a letter to the United Nations Safety Council President and the UN Secretary-Common to spotlight India’s systematic and gross human rights violations in occupied Kashmir.
In keeping with an announcement from the International Workplace, within the letter, the international minister highlighted India’s illegal marketing campaign to colonise the occupied territory and its belligerent and hostile actions towards Pakistan, together with persistent ceasefire violations, which pose a risk to peace and safety.
The international minister mentioned that India’s adjustments in occupied Kashmir’s demographic construction, usurpation of land, and farcical elections, had been null and void, in gentle of worldwide legislation.
Additionally learn: ‘I’ll increase my voice for you till the day you get freedom,’ PM Imran Khan tells Kashmiris
Moreover, drawing consideration to India’s perpetration of terrorism and subversion towards Pakistan, FM Qureshi recalled the detailed file offered to the UN — containing irrefutable proof of India’s energetic planning, selling, aiding, abetting, financing, and execution of terrorist actions towards Pakistan.
“India’s smear campaign to malign Pakistan internationally revealed through the EU DisinfoLab report has also been brought to the attention of the Security Council,” the assertion learn.
The international minister’s letter has famous that the latest exposé of transcripts within the Indian media additional establishes its orchestration of “false flag” operations and belligerent actions for home political and electoral positive factors.
Learn extra: India can not break the resolve of Kashmiris anyplace on the planet
He make clear the alarming incident in December 2020 of Indian firing on a clearly marked car of the United Nations Navy Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP), threatening the security and safety of UN peacekeepers and impeding the fulfilment of their mandate.
FM Qureshi has known as upon the UNSC to induce India to:
- Instantly carry the persevering with navy siege and rescind the unlawful and unilateral actions in occupied Jammu and Kashmir;
- Take away restrictions on communications, motion, and peaceable meeting;
- Instantly launch incarcerated Kashmiri political leaders and permit them to specific the desires of the Kashmiri folks;
- Free all arbitrarily and illegally detained Kashmiris;
- Freeze and reverse the brand new domicile guidelines and property legal guidelines designed to alter the demographic construction of the occupied territory;
- Take away the draconian legal guidelines enabling Indian occupation forces to proceed human rights violations with impunity, together with extrajudicial killings in faux encounters; and
- Permit entry to the occupied territory to the UN observers, worldwide human rights and humanitarian organisations, observers, and the worldwide media.
“The letter by the Foreign Minister is part of Pakistan’s continuous efforts to keep the UN Security Council and the Secretary-General fully apprised of the grave situation in [occupied Jammu and Kashmir] and the threat it poses to peace and security in the region,” it added.