- A suspect in his 30s was in police custody.
- Police didn’t determine whether the shooter had a motive.
- A shooter started shooting at a bowling alley.
WASHINGTON: Police on Sunday said that three individuals were killed and another three were injured in the US province of Illinois when a shooter started shooting at a bowling alley.
Rockford city police encouraged individuals on Twitter to avoid the territory close to the Don Carter Lanes bowling alley, as it was an “active situation” and officials were clearing the site.
A suspect in his 30s was in police custody.
The power posted on Twitter soon after 12 PM: “37-year-old white male suspect is in custody. There are no other beings sought at this time.”
Read more: Mother of person of color shot consistently by US police allures for calm
“It’s still an ongoing investigation. We do have three individuals that are confirmed deceased,” police boss Dan O’Shea prior told a public interview close to the area of the shooting.
He said three others had been injured from the gunfire and were being treated at nearby hospitals.
He didn’t indicate whether the shooter had a motive.
Don Carter Lanes posted a straightforward message on Facebook after the shooting asking individuals to “pray please.”
Shootings are a regular event in the United States, yet regardless of the size of the firearm viciousness endeavors to address it administratively have for quite some time been stopped at the government level.