27 C
Lahore
Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Finance ministry, IPPs signal Rs450bn cost deal

Must read

Twitter turns into platform of hope amid India’s Covid disaster | The Categorical Tribune

After spending hours fruitlessly calling authorities helplines in a seek for a hospital mattress for a critically in poor health Covid-19 affected person, Indian...

PM Imran Khan operates his Twitter account himself, says focal particular person on digital media

 Prime Minister Imran Khan. — InstagramPM Imran Khan does all Twitter posting himself; on Instagram some posts are put up by him, whereas others...

Sindh has the very best per capita earnings: Nasir Hussain Shah

Info Minister Sindh Syed Nasir Hussain Shah addressing a press convention. — YouTube screengrab/FileSindh has highest per capita earnings in each city and rural...

Instagram launches function to deal with hate speech, abuse | The Specific Tribune

Fb Inc's Instagram is rolling out a function to forestall customers from viewing probably abusive messages by filtering offensive phrases, phrases, and emojis on...

Geo.television/Recordsdata
  • Two dozen IPPs, together with HUBCO, entered right into a preliminary settlement with govt
  • Finance ministry to pay IPPs 40% instantly, remaining 60% within the subsequent monetary yr
  • Beneath the settlement, IPPs to be paid dividends in Pakistani rupees as a substitute of US {dollars}

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Finance and Impartial Energy Producers (IPPs) have inked a deal for cost price Rs450 billion to the latter, Geo Urdu reported on Monday.

In keeping with the deal paperwork, two dozen IPPs, together with the Hub Energy Firm Restricted (HUBCO), had entered right into a preliminary settlement with the federal government beneath which the finance ministry would pay the IPPs 40% of the Rs450-billion cost — or Rs180 billion — instantly, whereas the remaining 60% — or Rs270 billion — might be paid within the subsequent monetary yr.

Learn extra: 

The IPPs, as per the paperwork, have apprised the Pakistan Inventory Alternate (PSX) of the preliminary settlement, whereas the HUBCO submitted details about the settlement with the Central Energy Buying Company (CPPA).

The paperwork additional said that late cost surcharge can be slashed beneath the settlement and would quantity to 2% for the primary 60 days after the deal.

The doc additionally underscored that beneath the settlement, IPPs can be paid dividends in Pakistani rupees as a substitute of US {dollars}, whereas a closing approval of the deal can be sought from the committee and the Cupboard.

Learn extra: IPPs refuse to cut back tariff system beneath govt ToRs

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Twitter turns into platform of hope amid India’s Covid disaster | The Categorical Tribune

After spending hours fruitlessly calling authorities helplines in a seek for a hospital mattress for a critically in poor health Covid-19 affected person, Indian...

PM Imran Khan operates his Twitter account himself, says focal particular person on digital media

 Prime Minister Imran Khan. — InstagramPM Imran Khan does all Twitter posting himself; on Instagram some posts are put up by him, whereas others...

Sindh has the very best per capita earnings: Nasir Hussain Shah

Info Minister Sindh Syed Nasir Hussain Shah addressing a press convention. — YouTube screengrab/FileSindh has highest per capita earnings in each city and rural...

Instagram launches function to deal with hate speech, abuse | The Specific Tribune

Fb Inc's Instagram is rolling out a function to forestall customers from viewing probably abusive messages by filtering offensive phrases, phrases, and emojis on...

TLP chief Saad Rizvi stays beneath arrest beneath terrorism legislation: Rasheed

Inside Minister Sheikh Rasheed. File pictureISLAMABAD: Inside Minister Sheikh Rasheed on Wednesday clarified that the federal government retains custody of the top of the...