32 C
Lahore
Saturday, July 24, 2021

Dasu Dam to usher in new period of socio-economic growth: PM Imran Khan

Must read

Intermediate exams to be held on schedule: Saeed Ghani

College students may be seen making an attempt their exams within the examination centre. — File photographSaeed Ghani says inter exams to be held...

41-year-old Iranian nurse breaks Olympic pistol capturing report, luggage gold medal

A 41-year-old Iranian nurse gained his nation the primary gold medal in pistol capturing on the Tokyo Olympics and wrote his title in historical...

Sindh units up drive-through vaccination facility in Karachi’s Clifton

Sindh authorities spokesperson Murtaza Wahab could be seen talking on the vaccination facility in Karachi's Clifton space. — TwitterModerna, CanSino, and Sinopharm vaccines accessible at...

Tokyo Olympics 2020: 12-year-old Syrian desk tennis participant content material regardless of defeat

Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Desk Tennis - Ladies's Singles - Preliminary Spherical - Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium - Tokyo, Japan - July 24, 2021. Hend...

  • PM Imran Khan visits Dasu Dam mission web site.
  • Expresses satisfaction over the tempo of ongoing work and lauds their efforts in direction of completion of the mission.
  • Says Dasu Dam will guarantee low cost and clear electrical energy and ease the burden on shoppers.

DASU: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday stated the development of water reservoirs within the nation is significant to fulfill the upcoming challenges of water scarcity and energy era.

In his interplay with the employees, together with international engineers, throughout his go to to the development web site of Dasu Dam, the prime minister expressed satisfaction over the tempo of ongoing work and lauded their efforts in direction of completion of the mission.

The prime minister stated completion of the Dasu Dam will guarantee low cost and clear electrical energy and ease the burden on shoppers.

PM Khan stated the mission will usher in a brand new period of socio-economic growth within the nation.

He stated that expensive electrical energy triggers inflation within the nation. “Our industry was growing 50 years ago when we had cheap electricity, thanks to Manga and Tarbela dams.”

The prime minister added that low cost electrical energy will profit business probably the most.

Section-I of the Dasu Dam might be accomplished by 2025 and it’ll begin supplying 2160 megawatts to the nationwide grid.

After completion of Section II in 2029, the capability of the dam might be elevated to 4320 MW.

The work on the Dasu Dam has been enhanced underneath the federal government’s coverage to diversify energy manufacturing.

The acquisition of land for the dam has been finalized and the development is continuous in compliance with SOPs, regardless of the coronavirus scenario.

‘Dasu Hydropower mission to create 8,000 jobs’

In the meantime, State Minister for Info and Broadcasting Farrukh Habib stated the primary section of 2160 MW Dasu Hydropower Mission would begin energy era by April 2025.

In a tweet, the minister stated it will be accomplished in two phases and the primary section might be accomplished at a price of Rs511 billion.

Some 80% of the mission value of the primary section might be borne by Wapda and the remaining 20% might be supplied by the World Financial institution.

Farrukh Habib stated the mission will inject Rs12 billion models of low cost and environment-friendly energy within the nationwide grid, apart from creating 8,000 jobs.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Intermediate exams to be held on schedule: Saeed Ghani

College students may be seen making an attempt their exams within the examination centre. — File photographSaeed Ghani says inter exams to be held...

41-year-old Iranian nurse breaks Olympic pistol capturing report, luggage gold medal

A 41-year-old Iranian nurse gained his nation the primary gold medal in pistol capturing on the Tokyo Olympics and wrote his title in historical...

Sindh units up drive-through vaccination facility in Karachi’s Clifton

Sindh authorities spokesperson Murtaza Wahab could be seen talking on the vaccination facility in Karachi's Clifton space. — TwitterModerna, CanSino, and Sinopharm vaccines accessible at...

Tokyo Olympics 2020: 12-year-old Syrian desk tennis participant content material regardless of defeat

Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Desk Tennis - Ladies's Singles - Preliminary Spherical - Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium - Tokyo, Japan - July 24, 2021. Hend...

Sindh closes personal, public universities until July 31

KARACHI: Private and non-private universities in Sindh will stay closed until July 31, a notification from the province's residence division stated Saturday, because the...