- “Student lives matter too,” says one Twitter person
- College students name on College of Well being Sciences to postpone exams
- Earlier at present, the federal government introduced it was reopening faculties and academic establishments this month in a phased method
College students on Monday took to social media to demand the College of Well being Sciences (UHS) postpone all scheduled examinations in gentle of the novel coronavirus, as the federal government introduced reopening faculties, schools and different academic establishments in a phased method.
Learn extra: Govt decides to reopen faculties in phases
#DelayAllProffsUHS began trending at present, with Pakistani Twitterati calling on the college to postpone the examinations in gentle of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Prime Minister’s Particular Assistant on Well being Dr Faisal Sultan tweeted that the federal government would talk about medical schools’ examinations in an essential assembly tomorrow.
One individual mentioned that it wasn’t attainable for college students to check within the present pandemic setting, elevating alarm on the lack of SOPs being adopted in hostels.
“Are medical students not humans?” requested one other individual.
Twitter person @oyebajwey raised his voice in opposition to conducting bodily exams when lectures had been delivered on-line to curb the unfold of the virus.
One individual tweeted: “Medical students’ lives matter too.”
Govt decides to reopen faculties in phases
Federal Schooling Minister Shafqat Mahmood had earlier at present introduced that faculties and academic establishments will reopen throughout the nation in three phases.
“On January 18, classes for grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 — those that have exams — will resume,” he had mentioned throughout a information convention together with SAPM on Well being Dr Faisal Sultan. “This means that students of grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 will go to their schools and colleges from January 18 and their studies will resume.”
He had mentioned that within the second section, college students of major lessons until grade 8 will return to colleges from January 25.
The minister had mentioned that universities and different greater schooling establishments will reopen from February 1 within the third and final section.
- On-line studying can resume from Jan 11
- Lessons 9 to 12 would begin from Jan 18
- Lessons 1 to eight would begin from Jan 25
- Larger schooling lessons at universities and schools to begin from Feb 1
- Board exams have been postponed to Could and June
- One other assembly on January 14 to assessment the state of affairs